Powered by Blogger.

Simple Surf and Turf


I'm not a "BBQ sauce" person. I'm just not. My husband, on the other hand, has probably tried every kind out there. Our entire refrigerator side-shelf is full of bbq sauces. Some are what I call the "rejects". These are the ones my husband hates, but doesn't want to throw a whole bottle away. As you probably guessed it, it stays in the fridge well past the expiration date until I toss it out.

My husband is never one to push the sauces on me. Usually, he'll send a few comments my way rating a new sauce he is trying, but never suggests I try them. You see, my husband knows I'm not one who is very open to trying new things. He knows I'll make my classic "ew" face and shoe him away. That was until he tried Stubb's. Stubb's Hickory Bourbon Bar-b-q sauce is the first sauce that he ever actually asked me to try. "You'll like this one," he said. My goodness, he was right.

That brings me to my Simple Surf and Turf recipe that I make at least once a week. It's super simple and relatively inexpensive.




Simple Surf and Turf

Estimated Calories: 700
Time: Under 10 minutes
Cost: Under $15

Ingredients:

  • 1 package of Beef Loin Tenderloin (I use .5 lb of USDA Select)
  • 1 dozen littleneck clams (Make sure they are all closed before you put them in the water, otherwise, toss them)
  • 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Just enough to had a very thin layer on the pan
  • 2 Tablespoons - Get it here: Stubbs, Sauce Bbq Hickory Bourbon, 18-Ounce
  • Butter (or butter alternative)
  • Dash of Parsley 
Directions:
  • Pour a very thin layer of olive oil on a warming pan.
  • Place tenderloin on pan until lightly brown, then flip.
  • When both sides are browned, lower heat and cover.
  • Place littlenecks clams in pot of boiling water and cover.
  • Littleneck clams are done when all have opened. If any remain closed, throw it away.
  • Cook tenderloin to desired temperature. (I prefer med-well)
  • Coat tenderloin with Stubb's Bar-B-que sauce
  • Add butter to littleneck clams (optional)
  • Sprinkle with parsley


Enjoy!


Liked it? Pin it!





No comments